DATE: Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018
TIME: 7pm -8pm
PLACE: Soricha & Sorichung Theater
7112 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
Ticket Price: $20/ Family pack for 4 $50
Experience traditional fusion music featuring the harmony of Korean and Western musical instruments through the "Lautarian : Korean Gypsy Project" with K0N, the first gypsy violinist in Korea, and Rami Seo, an accomplished gayakeumist and ethnomusicologist from New York.
"Lautari" is an elite music group among Gypsy musicians. Performing artist, KoN, combines this with "an" from "Korean" and "musician" to describe Nuevo Korean Gypsy music.
'Lautari' 란 집시음악가 중에서도 엘리트 음악집단을 지칭하는 단어로, 여기에 KoN이 'Korean'과 'Musician'의 공통된 어미(語尾)인 'an'을 접목하여 “한국 음악인이 만들어낸 라우타리 음악”이라는 의미를 부여했다. <Lautarian : Korean Gypsy project> 를 통해서 한국 최초의 집시바이올리니스트 KoN과 뉴욕을 중심으로 활발한 음악활동을 하는 가야그미스트 Rami Seo의 음악세계를 만나볼 수 있다. 이번 공연은 한국악기와 서양악기의 조화, 국악과 서양음악이 조화를 이루는 새로운 경험의 시간이 될 것이다.
Space is limited. To reserve your spot you can purchase tickets at SORICHA.com or in store in advance.
During performance hours we will NOT be accepting customers without tickets.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
- The First Gypsy Violinist in Korea, also had two concerts in Hungary, forming a team with Hungary gypsy musicians.
- Graduated from Seoul National University college of Music, which is top and the most famous University in Korea, with honors, and also graduated from the same university graduate school with honors.
- Not only the Violinist, he has many jobs including Singer, Composer, Musical Actor, TV Drama Actor, Music Director.
- In Korea, released 2 full-length Album, 6 Digital Single Album
In Japan, released 1 full-length Album (Nuevo Impacto)
- Debuted as a model in New York Style Fashion Week.
Violin & Vocal, KoN - https://www.nuevokon.com
is an accomplished Gayakeumist who performs an expansive repertoire on the12-
string and 25-stringGayakeum, including traditional Korean court music, sanjo epics, Gayakeum
byong-chang, and contemporary compositions.
She has performed in Korea,Japan,China, SouthAmerica and theU.S as a soloist at 1988 SeoulOlympics Anniversary Commemoration, the
National Grand Theater of Korea, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, UN, BlueNote, Smalls,The
KennedyCenter, ByantPark, TimeSquare, SmithsonianMuseum, Metropolitan Museum of Art and
Cannon House in the White House, and Yo-YoMa’s SilkRoad Project. She is the founder and
music director of GEMINY & project World Music Ensemble. She is currently popular mainDJ of
FM87.7 NY RadioKorea "Rara Land"Mon-Fri4-6pm and "Lalala" Sat.10-11am and also an ambassador of World Hug Foundation avdocating adoptees's right.
Gayageum, Rami Seo- https://www.facebook.com/RAMISEOheavenlygayakeumist/
Soricha Tea & Theater